Friday 17 August 2018

Pastafarianism


Another one
is the Flying Spaghetti Monster.



Pastafarianism is recognized
as a valid religion in New Zealand.

And, I've since discovered,
in Australia too.

Dutch authorities say 
it's not serious enough
to be a religion 
which is double Dutch to me,

since Pastafarians 
are a peace loving people.
who enjoy spaghetti 
and are kind 
to sentient beings.

The wearing of a col-
ander upon the head
is not compulsory. 
I think to join.

The only dogma 
is There is no dogma.

But in any case, 
I
like eating 
tagliatelle.

I've discovered 
I too can become 
a minister 
for a mere $25

which entitles me 
to  display
a certificate 
upon my wall.

I already have 
my own picture 
frame 
and a suitable colander.

Perhaps 
the Monster
has touched me 
with his wonderful noodly!

What more can I ask
in this wonderful world 
where  a zebra 
can be a tomato?

And an invisible 
pink flamingo
is a deity
according to some.

Heaven knows
where and when 
It will all 
END.

If
 EVER. 










2 comments:

  1. Might join - rather like the idea of colander headgear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could start your own branch! If colander is worn on the head (inverted) as per the NZ ceremony of recognition a few years ago I'd recommend removing any spaghetti first. But of course as a Pastafarianist you are under no obligation to follow a dress code.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.