Tuesday 30 October 2018

Politically Incorrect Warning


Breitbart has issued a 'Politically Incorrect Warning' ahead of its main story today which is headlined Trump is Welcome in Tree of Life Synagogue - He is my President - says Rabbi.

In other news Indonesia has told Australia not to move its embassy to Jerusalem.

I mention stories like these to remind myself what kind of world I am living in.

On the domestic front I sometimes wonder why the  Italian TV channels Rai 1, Rai 2, and Rai 3 suddenly vanished from my screen after the new so-called populist Italian government was sworn in, and have not come back.

Q. Who ordered the plug to be pulled?

Of course, I can still watch TV channels in Germany, France, Turkey, Poland, Hungary and the Balkans. And even channels in the US, the U.K, Russia, the Arab world, and China (in English)

So why not Italy and all things Italian?


  Do I need to be a Sherlock Holmes or a Commissar Brunetti to deduce the answer to that one?

  I guess not.

  Ciao!






10 comments:

  1. The Italian economy is in such a piss-poor state that no-one had a 10 Lira coin for the meter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder. Italian balance of trade regularly in + and 3rd highest gold reserves in the world. What's really going on here?

      Delete
  2. Equally the BBC stopped broadcasting to Italy several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I never. Beeb still broadcasts on two frequencies to Austria: Highlights include old episodes of the culture series Eastenders, Last of the Summer Wine complete with canned laughter, some fairly recent Sherlock Holmes, early James Herriot and currently the Antiques Roadshow to mention just a handful.

      Delete
  3. There are more things in Heaven and Earth than we ever dreamed of Gwil (or something like that).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Pat.

      As the Blackpool boxer Brian London once said to a news reporter in answer to a question about fight rigging: I'm only a prawn in the game.

      Delete
  4. What happened to all the gardening programmes on Sky tv? Early James Herriot. Now you are talking good television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The laser ones I saw were the early ones with the original cast. Mrs G couldn't get enough of it. So we went to Yorkshire and visited the Herriot museum.

      Delete
  5. I just looked at the Rai tv channel on the internet and it was in Italian, not surprisingly, but it would not translate on Google translate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had them on TV and I used to watch a quiz show in the evenings to improve my basic Italian. And in the morning I watched the Italian news as I was having breakfast. Now it's all gone. Today I'd like to know what they are saying about the bodies in the Vatican. I have the Rai News App and that is still working up to now which is some consolation.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.