Monday 4 February 2019

Caption Contest (For Amusement Only*)


*Older readers will remember these famous  words of the penny arcade slot machine notice. There were sometimes small prizes to be won. I can recall fairground amusement machines dispensing packets of Polo mints as prizes to lucky winners. Today's lucky winner shall receive a signed copy of the picture in the post below this one. Go for it! But keep it clean.

"PERHAPS TONIGHT JOSEPHINE"
Hand in hand 

Napoleon 

and Josephine 

appear 

to enjoy 

a photo opportunity 

before 

the Temple 

of Abu Simbel.

Not a yellow 

vest 

in sight.  

Fashion note:

Madame's sneakers 

by 

Louis Vuitton.

Price Tag 

 for similar  

€750

7 comments:

  1. "Your homework is late Emmanuelle; I want it handed in by the morning or you get a detention and no excuses".

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Now put your right leg in. Your right foot out. Right foot in. Then you shake it all about. Then you do the Brexit hokey cokey. Turn yourself around. That's what its all about"

    "Sing it again!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm. Might be a bit long.

      Delete
    2. Dave, against my better judgement I'm giving the prize to you! I've had those two singing Le okey cokey in French accents spinning round in my head all day. ;-)

      To those who didn't win. All one of you. 'Be sure to enter our next exciting competition!

      Delete
  3. I know I'm too late, but I happen to know she was saying "I'm playing Rugby this afternoon".

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.