Tuesday 11 June 2019

THE TORY TOP TEN AND OTHER MORSELS






THE  TORY TOP TEN

In London

There are TEN candidates

Vying for the vacancy

The job

At number TEN.


They could all do it.

They could

take it in turns.

TEN days a week.

Each after each.


           Half of them are ex-drug addicts.

And the other half are still at it.

Fings may only get worse

Before they get better.



WOT, NO MORE CARTOONS?

According to my Breitbart News link  the International New York Times is to STOP PUBLISHING POLITICAL CARTOONS because they offend too many people. Especially religious groups.

But don't worry.  Who needs political cartoons when the real thing is already insanely hilarious?


I'd suggest the NYT publish a political cartoon of their own cartoon-less political paper.


Zen's ass shall consider the demise of Macron's tree in the White House garden.

Diseased and uprooted.

Oui?


I'M NOT A NEW YORK TIMES CARTOON (c)



19 comments:

  1. The electorate could have a referendum every week instead? May be not. Esther is the nicest looking of the candidates for number 10. Is she an Everton fan? They wear blue shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everton fans eat toffees. Does she have bad teeth. I blame Werthers Originals for the state of my gnashers!

      Delete
  2. Z Cars theme tune is still played too. Esther use to be a day time television presenter. Very nice. Do you remember Caramac Gwil?

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my teens I think it was when I was addicted to it.

    Is Z Cars the softly softly catchee monkey tune? I'll have to google later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its actually a folk song called: Johnny Todd. It's been covered by The Spinners (saw them once in Scarborough), The Clancy Brothers and Bob Dylan. I grew up listening to The Clancy Brothers, The Dubliners and The Seekers. My dad was always playing their records.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dave I'll have look on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, Now looked on Wikipedia - turns out it was the theme from the Z Cars sequel Softly Softly that I was thinking of. Great series with Frank Windsor and Stratford Johns I seem to remember.

      Delete
  6. Northsider - do I remember Caramac - how I wish you could still get it - hard toffee in a bar I used to call it - I can bring the taste to mind still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny what you remember Weave. I loved Barrs Strike Cola. Haven't seen it for yonks.

      Delete
  7. How nice to (indirectly) meet a fan of Irish singers. Now, back to cartoons--there's a new career for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanne. Just the encouragement I need. I've been meaning to dash off more cartoons for the blog for some time.

      Delete
  8. Boris the gardener. Special branch will bring it over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. True! I hope Boris doesn't get the job of PM. I much prefer his sister and her liberal politics.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, I didn't know he had a sister. You're certainly a fountain of knowledge.

      Delete
  10. She's called Rachel and a member of Change UK. I watch her on The Pledge on Sky News sometimes. Seems to be very caring and sensible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      Emmanuel sent a new tree, is being reported by our corner box :-/

      Delete
  11. yes political reality is too bizarre at the moment to need cartoons,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afghanistan is in Cricket World Cup. They are playing England in Manchester.

      You couldn't make it up.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.