Thursday 26 March 2020

Odin


Icelandic author Olafur Brynjulfson painted this picture of the one eyed god Odin (dated 1766).  The image is taken from the German version of Wikipedia. Odin's parents who were Giants emerged from the melting ice in the north during a global warming period. Their arrival was witnessed by a crow. You may believe in the transmigration of souls or you may not but you probably know in the Old Testament it is written "there were Giants in the earth in those days". Genesis Ch 6 v 4.  Odin you should know killed the serpent with one blow which split the thing into nine pieces. Not a god to be treated lightly.

This is a picture I'd like to hang on my wall. I think to order a copy from the firm that produces my annual photo calendar.




4 comments:

  1. He certainly looks a force to be reckoned with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I would want him on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see him destroying the corona virus. I'm just wondering which month he'd suit the best.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.