Monday 29 April 2019

Bolted


The EU has decided that no more 500 euro notes can be issued.

Apparently they are the terrorists currency of choice. A million euros worth can be slipped into a briefcase.

But they will NOT be withdrawn from circulation any time soon.

How many of these 'useful' notes have been issued to date.

The answer is 500,000,000.

Five hundred million in plain English.

With a value of €250,000,000,000.

Two hundred and fifty thousand million euros.

That's a lot.

Think what you could buy with it.

Weapons.

Drugs.

All sorts of bad things.

The words 'horse' and 'stable door' should cross your mind.

Can you believe the EU could be so naiive?

Neither can I.

I suspect they knew exactly what they were doing all along.

Maybe you do too?



10 comments:

  1. I think they discontinued using the 500 Euros notes in Ireland. I once got one and get thinking I would mix it up with a fifty Euro or even ten Euros notes. Can you still cash white five Pound notes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder how many other stupid things they have done Gwil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the opportunity yesterday to question an eu commissar. I asked about the Beriln-Paris axis and was informed with a shrug that the person didn't know about it, and it was unlikely that it existed. An eu mp was there and said my question was too difficult to answer. Got home and switched on the radio to hear as if by the grace of God, as if by magic, words on the news to confirm my suspicions that Macron and Merkel had met that very day to decide the future of Kosovo. It seems to be the case that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and vice-versa. How odd.

      Delete
    2. Playing in the hornets nest. First Kosovo summit in Berlin. Next one in, wait for it, Paris. Well I never. Two agenda setters with a 110 billion euro weapons industry between them. Wonder where this is all leading.

      Delete
    3. You couldn't make it up.

      Delete
    4. You only need to check the EU Observer website every few days.

      Delete
  3. My €50 notes are always put through a machine at the supermarket (to see if they're genuine). Seeing as they always come from an ATM inside the supermarket, I bloody hope they're OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I notice they do that in shops when I give the. a 50 but they don't do it the other way when they give me one ;-)

      Delete
  4. Thinking out loud - It could be those 500s are less in demand - Bitcoin is mentioned in some news reports about the Sri Lanka atrocity.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.