Friday 29 November 2019

As Time Goes Buy?





On Black Friday, that is to say yesterday - reputedly the busiest shopping day of the year - my computer-linked Garmin Watch which I've owned and worn daily for only 8 months suddenly and for no apparent reason gave up the ghost.

Bizarre, or what?

Perhaps it's time to buy a new one?

In post-Snowden times odd goings-on in a world of electronic gadgets with so-called 'back doors' almost anything is possible.

It's a kind of magic.

Nothing should surprise us.















5 comments:

  1. Hi Gwil. When I was helping build a golf course extension in 1993. I lost my Lorus digital watch when I was stone picking on a fairway. Next Spring I was walking up the same fairway and saw a light shining at my feet. It was my watch displaying last years Summer time. I penned a letter to Lorus and they wrote back telling me how my letter had delighted the workforce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave, that’s a wonderful story. Strange things do happen. You’d stand there scratching your head and wondering how come it was still there where you lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always ignore Black Friday as I think it is a big con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s designed to get people to go into debt is my impression.

      Delete
  4. Apropos the watch: On the 5th day he rose again from the dead. It's a small miracle.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.