Wednesday 27 November 2019

Smileys In Vino Veritas?


I drew a squiggly line.  The computer interpreted it as one of the following: 



πŸŒ‹πŸ›πŸŠπŸ—»


I was invited to choose.

So I drew something else. A circle.

Now completely baffled.  It presented

me with the following:-☺️πŸ’‘☔

Can computers do everything?  Given eons of time.   And clearer instructions.  Maybe they can.

Perhaps we are computers?

You and I may simply be characters in an advanced entity's computer game. Or - brains in jars - as

many earth people

have posited.

Quite often down at the pub.

In the steaming back yard urinal.

Gazing up at the moon and the stars.

Just before 'Last Orders, please!'











11 comments:

  1. There's truth in Guinness too. Is there a resident pub bore with his own tankard in this pub? Does he go to the toilet and Google the answers when it's quiz night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to enjoy pub quizzes. I’ll happily join in if I come across one by chance. They don’t have many here. But a tv quiz Quizmaster is a favourite of mine on Austrian TV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to start one Gwil. They can be good fun. Especially if they have a music round.

      Delete
    2. When I lived 'up north' I went to a pub quiz where someone from an owl sanctuary fetched about 8 or 10 owls into the bar for quiz players to identify. Amazing. The birds didn't make a fuss or try to grab anybody's bag of crisps, they just sat on their perches and looked at us as if we were part of the furniture.

      Delete
  3. Having read this I am not sure I wish to go to bed in case I stay awake thinking about it (all aspects)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you stay up all night and think about it the advanced alien game player gets 59 extra points.

      Delete
  4. volcano
    rains halt this ground grown fire
    flights above
    _m

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me snookered Magyar. ZMG?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zen My Glass-es... this intro-page's line work. _m

      Delete
    2. A gotcha! The sketch for those glasses is one I did of the writer Herman Hesse from a photo after I'd seen his house (just from the outside) in Switzerland.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.