Monday 16 April 2018

Pre-Columbian Art (2)


Here is the second and final assortment of pieces. The following include masks, deities, animals, drinking vessels and a bowl.  

Fortunately I saved them to a computer before carelessly losing my camera!  

All artifacts displayed are behind glass and many are brightly illuminated. 

Photography without flash is allowed, but due to their positioning I found some of the exhibits easier to photograph than others.  




















That's it. My favourite 16 exhibits currently on show at Venice's Institute of Science and Letters (incidentally founded by Napoleon). Hope you've enjoyed them! 



10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing your favourite exhibits. Hopefully I might see Venice again one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Venice is always worth a visit if you keep away from the crowds.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for showing us exhibits we would probably never get to see. I have never been to Italy. That's another one on my countries to visit list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy is wonderful. So much to choose from.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed them, thank you!
    I would like to go to Venice soon but, the crowds are too much for me. I notice you often go to Venice. Do you go by train Gwil? How long does it take you to get there from Vienna?
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciao Maria, These days I prefer go to Venice by car. This takes 7 1/2 hours which includes two 15 minute breaks. I normally cross the border at Arnoldstein and drive down the valley towards Udine and then along the autostrada to Mestre and over the bridge to Tronchetto which is where I leave the car. If someone lived in the north of England and drove down to Cornwall it would be the equivalent.

      Delete
    2. I should be ashamed of myself and stop complaining about the crowds, after reading how long it takes you to get there.
      x

      Delete
    3. The crowds are a problem but if you avoid the main arteries you can avoid the masses and the whole experience is more pleasant.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.