Monday 28 January 2019

Nothing New Under The Sun




We all know the story. The so-called original sin.

The first woman tempted the first man with her fruit.

The devious serpent-like creature was responsible.

Meanwhile an angry somebody was spying on the innocent couple.

How could they be so naiive?

The spy was no-one less than the creator of the whole universe!

Or so we are told.

My personal opinion is  that if anyone believes this tall tale  they'll believe anything.

As I said, just my personal opinion.

No need to agree with me.

Each to his own.


The outcome.

The woman begat the the couple's children.

All boys.

Three altogether I once heard said.

When they were grown men one child murdered his brother.

We even know their names.

I find the fact that we know the name of the murderer and the victim and their parents almost beyond belief.

In fact it's quite amusing.

Fake News! is a recent phenomena exposed to public gaze by Donald Trump* isn't it?


After a two or three thousand years the Creator of the Universe decided to intervene.

According to legend.

A rebel arrived on the scene and recruited his followers.

He held no grudges against the fairer sex.

In fact he stood up for women against the established male dominated order.

"Let him who is without sin throw the first stone," is a quote we all know.

It wasn't long before he was tortured and killed for his troubles.

Although some say he survived.

I'll not argue the point.

Each to his own.


Today the  killing and torturing goes on apace.



There's nothing new under the sun.

But I do not despair.

NATURE knows what to do.

And will never be defeated.









That is the way of things.

That is my unhumble opinion.



* The UK's Telegraph newspaper apologized only last week for publishing a 'fake news' article concerning Donald Trump's wife Melania. The 'fake news' story was quickly exposed as an untruth and the paper agreed to pay America's First Lady "substantial damages"and publish an apology.





9 comments:

  1. Those last few photographs restored my faith in humanity (a bit) = the rest I took with a pinch of salt anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever ever happens will happen. Curiosity wants to reach forwards and strive for the stars. Superstition wants to hold us back.

      Who knows the secret of the Black Magic box? Chocolates! Maybe that's the answer.

      Delete
  2. "There is nothing new under the sun" remains my go to saying. I had to enlarge the photo of the crocus and the butterfly to make sense of it. It seems the butterfly has settled into the crocus to die. Do you know more about the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne, I took the picture on a mountainside in Austria when I was on a walk. The butterfly didn't die. I had the impression it was enjoying itself. I think it was experiencing some kind of 'high'. I had to crawl on my belly towards it to get the right perspective.

      Delete
  3. I like the parables from the bible and often quote the parable of the adulterous woman and cast the first stone. People on blogs need to be reminded of this frequently. I like this post and the journey it took us on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel. Men in order to promulgate their authority conveniently forget they have mothers, grandmothers, great grandmothers, great great grandmothers, great great great grandmothers . . . . . . going back to gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggms and beyond. If they thought deeply about it for a few minutes they'd change their ways and start protecting and respecting women instead of persecuting them and using them for target practice.

      Delete
  4. Hmm..?

    I think I prefer the Creationist belief of Adam and Eve to the big bang theory and the ice age and evolution..?

    I like the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to go with the Bard of Avon who said in one of his plays: We are such stuff as dreams are made on.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.