Tuesday 8 May 2018

A Reason to watch tonight's Eurovision Song Contest; Ieva Zasimauskaitė - When We're Old - Lithuania



Cannot believe I watched the first semi-final of the Eurovision musical jamboree complete with strobe and garish effect flimmering  the whole way through. But sadly I did.

For something to occupy my distraction I made some notes, now thankfully deleted, as it went along.

The end result was that I woke this morning with the anti-war hit  'Neunundneunzig Luftballons', a song from Nena (1983) and known as 'Ninety-nine Red Balloons' in  the English-speaking world,  floating gently through my mind.

So what does it all mean?

  This thing is past its sell by date or I am?

  Let's face it.  It was always so.

  One grows old.

  Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.



  Thank you Ieva Zasimausekaite.

  And congratulations on reaching the final.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.