Saturday 3 November 2018

A Universe Not Made For Us (Carl Sagan . . .)



Dear Reader, Does it really matter who or what created the Universe or even whether the Universe created itself? The answer is "No".   This is because there is nothing we can do about it. The Universe is a fait accompli. It will exist for an eternity. Certainly an eternity longer than mankind or the Sun and its planets. Therefore, I propose that since we are in the Universe here and now on the third planet from the Sun we might as well explore the place and give it our best attention,  and while we're about it we should also enjoy some of the fruits of the tree of knowledge. This is my humble and unqualified opinion.  Ad Astra Carl Sagan!   G.W.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sagan's TV series Cosmos is the finest TV series I've ever seen. Like millions around the world I watched every episode in its turn. I felt almost like a space explorer sitting there in my armchair. The man was my captain and the journey was hypnotic!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.