Monday 19 November 2018

It's not all Black and White but it's all Upside Down


Upside down.

That's the way our eyes see the world and everything in it.

It's the brain that turns the image the right way up.

The following images have all been turned upside down using the iphoto tool.


Reflections in a Pond

Reflections in a Lake

Sunset over Mountains

Reflection in a Venetian Canal

Drawing of Hands


The universe is all smoke and mirrors and a sleight of hand. The question is: Whose smoke and whose mirrors and whose hands?

I often ponder on such things.

Recent evidence suggests that the universe is nothing but electricity.

Anybody remember the dirty snowball comet 'theory' preached by many scientists as 'fact' only a few years ago?

Today debunked.

And in course of time many other 'theories' we are fed as fact will also be debunked.

 I love the universe.

I love it for its wonderful strangeness.

I can barely wait to see what other cards are tucked away within mother nature's electronic sleeve.

Carpe Diem!

Seize the Day!


8 comments:

  1. Looking at your upside down photos made my eyes twitch. I wonder if it's because I knew something was amiss, or because my eyes (and brain) objected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on a train stationary in a station and the train next to mine started moving but it felt as if it was my train that was moving. I thought, oh we're off. But when I looked out the window I saw that we were not off at all. It was of course the other train. I told my brain don't be fooled when the other train moves. But my brain wasn't to be told. And was it was fooled again as I glanced out of the window after three or four seconds and saw that my train was now moving . which of course it wasn't. It was a clear case me knowing more than my brain ;-)
      or maybe not! Who can say how it all works - this layered way of thinking.

      Delete
    2. Same often happens to me with trains. I feel all in a split second frightened, confused and finally silly.

      Delete
    3. You'd think after decades of train travel our brains would have worked it all out. But they obviously haven't and there must be a reason for that. But what it is I really don't know. Perhaps there's a higher consciousness than the brain that tells the brain not to be silly. But then where would it reside. In a sort cloud like all my computer photos for example?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's my upside down shadow which is reflected in the water.

      Delete
  3. I like the reflections in a lake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My almost joint favourites are the lake reflections and the mountain sunset. The mountain just gets it for me but it's close.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.