Wednesday 12 April 2017

Fake News or Propaganda? Call it what you like.


Ein Deutsches Leben



A German Life


Brunhilde Pomsel was 103 years old when she was interviewed for this Blackbox film.

She was Propagandaminister Joseph Goebbels' secretary.

In German controlled areas propaganda was the news and the news was the propaganda. 
The two became one. Indistinguishable. 

Fake news. 

The message I take from the film having watched it yesterday is that the banality of terror should serve as a warning to future and present generations.


Poking the Bear with a Sharp Stick 


I feel a sense of relief that Britain is to exit the neo- European Superstate whose  business, supported by NATO, includes serious provocation of Russia.

It's a tactic that Marine Le Pen refers to as the "Berlin Wall on Wheels".

And yet, still not satisfied, our neo- European Superstate is seeking to form an EU Army controlled by . . . well, I'll not say it . . . you must work that one out for yourselves.

To say that we live in dangerous and uncertain times, is putting it mildly.

We have been warned.






6 comments:

  1. Sometimes I am glad that I am old and do not need to face the next fifty years - I dread to think what they hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Rex Tillerson. I hope he can find some common ground with the Russians. We need to build for peace. First thing is to stop provoking Russia and get back to the terms of the agreement made regarding the dismantling of the Berlin Wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a candle flames
    from both ends of its wick
    Halbwertzeit

    _m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very illuminating comment Magyar. Newsmedia take note!

      Delete
  4. I was researching the subject of fake news and the BBC and each time I goggled it I got nothing but pages and pages of BBC.com written by itself about itself. I will have to try a different tack. They are of course in denial, or blaming other sources and other journalists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see the Daily Mail are having to pay America's first lady a princely $3,000,000 for printing some fake news!!!

      Tip of the iceberg.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.